Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beach Engagement Photo Shoots

Crystal and Ben as featured in, Perfect Wedding Guide.
I have been pleasantly busy with engagement shoots. I have met some wonderful couples who have recently done photo shoots with me; I also have some wedding pictures of, Stacey and Rob Lee, a couple who decided to elope and brought me alone to document it. All three have a beach theme in common; here in Florida the beach scene is where it's at.  I'm still shaking off sand, it's in my car, in my photo bag and embedded in my Reef's flip flops.


  I love the sand dunes and the boardwalk of this beach. The shade of the over hanging trees that align the boardwalk gave us a break from the bright Florida sun and made perfect conditions for some picture taking.




My first engaged couple is, Crystal Swearingen and Joe Brown, Indialantic  Fl. Their engagement shoot took place at Cherie Down Park, one of Florida's beautiful hidden beaches, nestled between, Jetty Park and Cocoa Beach.  I will have the privilege of documenting their wedding in October; also on the beach. Crystal and Joe's engagement is currently being featured in, Perfect Wedding Guide Magazine (Orlando, March issue).  


 Perfect Wedding Guide is one of Florida's largest circulated wedding magazine bringing Florida's best wedding merchants to your fingertips.

I met my next couple, Diana and Ben, at a bridal show I attended in January of this year. They were the winners of my, mini Valentine Day Photo Shoot that I raffled off.  Back to Cherie Down Park for more picture taking. Cherie Down Park's ambiance  is the choice for many couples who are looking for a secluded beach not too far for travelling. The nice thing about this park are the sand dunes present and it's boardwalk.  The beach itself is shallow and the waves are friendly to little people and big ones alike.

Diana and Ben
We chose a morning shoot when the angle of the sun wasn't too severe and I could manipulate the light.  And of course we came with more props; the calk board is a favorite because you can use it to post the wedding dates which a favorite of many couples.





 Diana and Ben are planning a wedding for next February 2014.
 I always enjoy myself when working, this shoot was only forty five minutes long and yet it seemed like only five minutes to me. Congratulations to the two newly engaged couples.
















How many elopements brings a photographer with them?  Well that is exactly what Stacey and Rob Lee did.
Stacey called me up about one month before the wedding date. They were getting married on the very day I had booked Diana and Ben's engagement shoot! But as luck had it, they were planning an afternoon wedding on the beach; not the best time for picture taking with the sun hovering overhead, but just enough time for me to finish one beach shoot and run up the coast to photograph the wedding, at Playalinda.




Stacey was one hour late for her wedding. I told her she was in good company; I was thirty minutes late for mine and my daughter was forty five minutes late for hers. We all had a good laugh and relaxed the tension.















If you would like me to photograph your wedding, you can contact me at: simplydorine@gmail.com or call:
321 749 9152.
I'm as close as a phone call away.
Ask about WeddinGlamour and how we can set up a special photo session.




Simply,
Dorine

1 comment:

  1. I get very dreamy feeling from your photography, very radiant and beautiful! I attended a wedding in one of the most beautiful venue New York and those memories mean a lot to the couple and to everyone else as well, but mostly to the couple. So, it's a great responsibility, making those memories beautiful!

    ReplyDelete