Tuesday, July 7, 2015

AUCHUMPKEE CREEK BRIDGE~ As captured by Middle Ga. Photographer

I absolutely love Georgia. Everything I see I adore from the historical landmarks, to meeting the locals who live here.  These pictures of the covered bride are of Auchumpkee Creek Bridge, Upson County, Georgia.  We met a couple here from Centerville, near Warner Robins, who came to do a little fishing; when I saw her boots I snapped this picture, it was the day after the 4th of July. 
The first thing I saw as I got out of the car was a little white cross near a tree; I don't know any details about it but I'm sure there's a story known to someone. As I walked inside the bridge there was graffiti everywhere you looked. The lattice walls were full of love notes to drawings sprawled over the wooden floor from end to end, left there by young lovers to people more concerned about current events.
The bridge was built in the 1800's, and went under some needed renovations in 1997; you can see the original carved beam girding the underbelly for the magnificent architecture it is.  It's a beautiful looking bridge spanning a shallow creek that is filled with all kinds of fish we were told; and by it's graffiti a very popular hangout. 
From there we traveled further down the road to the little town of Knoxville, Ga; when I spotted the gristmill.  It's been recently built but I thought still camera worthy of a few pictures. 


 american flag boots



Georgia covered bridge image


save the date graffiti


Covered bridge in Georgia


covered bridge in georgia


Gristmill image

2 comments:

  1. Georgia wedding venue-If you are planning for rustic wedding in Georgia then Bridge View Barn will help you find barns, farms, ranches. Farm wedding & wedding venue in local Georgia area

    ReplyDelete

  2. Martin Kragh-Martin Kragh is a researcher at the Uppsala Centre for Russian and Eurasian Studies. He defended his PhD at the Stockholm School of Economics in 2009, and specializes in the economic and political history of Russia and the former USSR. Kragh has also done research on the history of economic thought, and has written a textbook (in Swedish) on the topic.

    ReplyDelete